Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rose Petals

There is something so sweet yet luxurious about roses. They are my favorite flower, not just because they are the symbol of love or because I was named after them, but because they transport me to another place and time. They are rich in history, romance and of course beauty.  MelroseFields is and incredible, rose-filled shop on Etsy. They create the most amazing, colorful dried bouquets of real flowers that I've ever seen. They preserve the essence of the flower and create long lasting, gorgeous arrangements that live on forever. Here is an example of their exquisite rose diffuser bouquets.

More roses... My favorite pale pink, rose shimmer ring just sold from my MiaRosina shop. I almost selfishly took it out of the store a while back because the petals turned out perfectly and I just loved looking at it. I hope whoever wears this ring enjoys it as much as I enjoyed creating it!

Some fun facts on roses:
  • Roses are the favorite flower for 85% of Americans
  • George Washington was rose breeder
  • The rose is New York's state flower
  • Shakespeare refers to roses more than 50 times throughout his writings

No comments:

Post a Comment