Monday, August 16, 2010

Mad Men and Martinis

There is something so fabulous about the new found interest in retro glamor. Porcelain skinned pin-up girls with ruby red lips are back in style along with the fashions that movie sirens of decades past made famous. Thanks greatly in part to AMC's hit television series, Mad Men, women are rediscovering a nostalgic kind of sexy. And I couldn't be happier about it. 

I have always walked to the beat of a vintage drum with my personal look and style. Before a big night out on the town, I love to watch Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell wiggle their way through "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" as I channel my inner bombshell. I never tire of their amazing wardrobe changes and I’m so happy to see it making a resurgence in today’s pop culture.


Here is my latest Treasury called Modern Lounge. Think afternoon martinis. Think Betty Draper in a full swing skirt pushing a vacuum. Think Grace Kelly and her flawless fashion. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. It is so refreshing that class, sophistication and femininity is back in style! And that we can finally put those jeans away and glam it up for a night out!

    ReplyDelete