Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Shiver me timbers! It's the FRONT PAGE again!!

Johnny and his pirate crew made the front page of Etsy! Woo hoo! It's my second FP in a week! Enjoy our scalawags one more time with this widget compliments of Craftcult.



I could kick myself for not realizing a little gem of knowledge that I know now. Alternates count. Up until just recently I would design my treasuries with only the 12 main boxes in mind. I thought the "alternate" side was just a helpful tool for your layout. No one really sees that side, so it doesn't count right? Wrong. It counts big time. Now I do a complete design by filling up all spaces with beautiful items that could easily jump into rotation if needed. Yo Ho, Yo Ho had two of the alternates make the front page because other items had sold out. So if you go to Craftopolis and you see that you've made it into a Treasury only to find that little "Alt" in the corner, remember there is still a good chance for your item. I'm also going to start listing the alternates in my seller links as well because they really are deserving.

Enjoy, mateys!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    Love pirate-y goodness!
    On my way to check out the rest of your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting treasury...I've only discovered Cult Craft this week when one of my items went to front page...had no idea it even existed!

    ReplyDelete